For 40 years in Cárnicas Medina we have been distributing our products to large retailers, food service companies, restaurants, supermarkets and manufacturers.
The company’s headquarters is located in Leganés (Madrid), where our facilities have cutting rooms, clean rooms and industrial refrigerators.
In 2009, we incorporated to Cárnicas Medina, the Montellos slaughterhouse, a leading company in the slaughter and cutting of beef in Galicia, in order to cover the production process from selection at origin to delivery of the product.
The Montellos slaughterhouse is located in Betanzos next to the N-VI road. This unique situation allows us to put at your disposal the best high quality Galician meat, valued and recognized by hoteliers, consumers and distributors internationally. The facilities have been completely renovated, with new, larger and better cold-tech air chambers and a new cutting room next to the slaughterhouse which ensures the highest quality.
In our slaughterhouse in Galicia we slaughter and quarter about 50,000 head of cattle each year.
In 2016 the group, through the company Elaborados Cárnicos Medina, acquires the beef division of Martínez Loriente through the purchase of the Buñol plant.
In the group we employ more than 1500 people who form a highly qualified and customer-oriented work team. The seriousness and quality of the human team and the continuous incorporation of the latest technology has allowed us to position ourselves as a reference company in the sector in Europe.
Figures to highlight:
- Company #1 in Spain for beef and veal
- Family business since 1973
- 3 plants with the latest technologies
- 220,000 cattle slaughtered annually
- 300 tons deboned daily
- 1500 direct jobs
- Source selection of the best cattle
- Programs with farms and animal well-being
- Total traceability from the source
- Use of the latest technologies in search of the highest product quality
- Sales: 75,000 tons of beef per year
- Sales to manufacturers, wholesale distributors, export and supermarket chains
This post is also available in: Español